Saturday, March 29, 2008

Applesauce Coffee Cake

Earlier in the week, Ryan had been saying his co-workers keep complaining because I always send treats to his work, and it was making them gain weight. I love to bake, and although I am trying to do recipes that are healthy and nutritious, my kids love me to make them an occasional treat that doesn't fit into those categories (how they get me to do his is bat their eyes at me and tell me I'm the best mom in the whole world). Being the sucker that I am, I usually cave and make whatever they request immediately! Then I send the rest to his work.

So, I guess I feel bad for Ryan's work, and always want people to heat healthy. As such, I decided to make them all a treat that was a little less over-the-top than some of the previous ones.

It came from cookiemadness, and Anna called it "Applesauce Streusal Coffee Cake". It's delicious--I pretty much followed the recipe, but I did use the 1 cup applesauce instead of adding sour cream. You can find the recipe here. The picture is mine coming out of the oven--beautiful isn't it!

No comments: