Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sun-Dried Tomato and Artichoke Chicken


Well, it was Friday night, and Ryan and were without children. Ryan was working late, so I decided to have a dinner ready for him getting home. You see, we had a big date to watch "No Country for Old Men".

Here's a dish that is really easy to make, tastes great, and fits into my healthy eating perfectly. I adapted it from one I got off allrecipes.com










3 large chicken breasts, sliced into large pieces
1T olive oil
1 can tomatoes with green chilis
1 can tomatoes, no sodium added
1 cup chopped artichokes (or artichoke tapenade if you have it)
1/3 cup sun-dried tomato pesto

Saute chicken slices in olive oil until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and keep warm.

In same skillet, add the 2 cans of tomatoes, artichokes, and sun-dried tomato pesto. Bring to a simmer, and add chicken back in. Cover, simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes longer, until sauce is nice and thick.

Serve over pasta, or as Ryan prefers, mashed potatoes! I like to serve it with french green beans!


Here's the pesto and artichokes I used:


Here's the chicken simmering!

No comments: