Monday, March 31, 2008

Baked Falafel

I really love hummus. As such, I find any excuse to buy a new brand of it at the store--I think I'm obsessed at this point! Anyways, I found a new jar of it at Safeway yesterday that was just the garbanzo beans, garlic, and spices added--the olive oil was not added in yet, and the instructions said to add it in to taste.

Well, as you can guess, this made the calorie and fat content much better, so I bought it and took it home. Turns out, by itself this isn't such a great idea, but mixed with a littl nonfat yogurt and diced cucumbers, it made a pretty tasty sauce for what I believe would be perfect for falafel.


Here's the ingredients I am talking about:



Traditional falafel is fried, but I was looking for something a little lighter. I found a recipe on bakingbites for "baked falafel", you can find it here. I followed it exactly, although my picture doesn't do it justice!

No comments: