Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Healthier Brownies

Hi all--

I'm slowly getting better, but last night I had some serious chocolate cravings that would not go away. As such, I decided to try a recipe I had seen blogged about on baking delights, called brown rice syrup brownies.

Here's the link to the mighty foods website where it was located. So, I made up a batch, except I used unsweetened baking chocolate, as I had no bittersweet, and I did use whole wheat pasty flour. I used 1/2 cup walnuts as my nuts, and no other add ins.

The results--they were OK for a healthier version of brownies. Ryan managed to scarf some of them down, of course he did add a plop of cool whip on the top to his. Needless to say, a small piece did cure my chocolate craving.

Let me know if anyone tries them. You'll have used brown rice syrup in the granola I posted about before.

No comments: