Saturday, March 29, 2008

Betty Crocker Cookie Mix Recipe with Healthy Ingredients!


Hi all--
The 2008 finalists for the Betty Crocker Cookie Mix Recipe Contest have been posted, and can be found here on the website. You can vote for your favorite.
I looked over the recipes, and one caught my eye--"Wild Blue Energy Chews". They start with the oatmeal cookie mix, and add things like toasted wheat germ, egg whites, canola oil, etc., making them a little more nutritiously sound than some other recipes.
Here is the link - I made them for my biking class on Friday, and they got rave reviews. I did substitute raisins for the blueberries, and I didn't add chocolate to mine, but they were fabulous! Recommended highly--remember though, still lots of sugar and sodium. So enjoy one and give the rest away!

No comments: